Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Total & custom column Qlik Sense

Hello,

I need to create a table with a 'Total' result at the end of the table and not the beginning.  In Qlik Sense the 'Show totals' button works but it show the total in the first column of the table, not the last.

First question : Can we show the total at the end of the table and if yes how can I do that ?

Second question : Can we add a 'custom column' like a custom subtotal or another custom aggregation in the table ?

For example I would like to have this table :

NameProperty 1 Property 2Property 3Custom subtotalTotal
Charles53189
Xavier102053035
Bob40444448
Total5527108292

The custom subtotal is "Total - Property 3"

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

You are totally right.  The new table needs to join to the original data in a context that includes the property and the name  , not just name.

Please find attached a corrected version

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

You can do it but its not straight forward.

Attached is a technique that creates a new dimension that groups all the properties and the different totals as a group of 5 values that are part of a new dimension (with the wonderful name of 'ChartDimension').

Also attached is the sample app that you can drop into your c:\users\<user>\my documents\qlik\sense\apps directory to view on the desktop

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.  I saw the sample app and I don't understand the example and the solution doesn't seem to be right.. Indeed there is a "dimension" (actually a field, not a stored dimension) in the sample app that regroup the 5 values : prop 1, prop 2, prop 3, subtotal and grand total but the computations for the subtotal and grand total are not correct.

The first table is correct and contains the value I wrote in my question for the three properties.  The second table however contains, for every column, the grand total.  Could you explain this solution a bit more ?

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

You are totally right.  The new table needs to join to the original data in a context that includes the property and the name  , not just name.

Please find attached a corrected version

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your answer.  It seems weird to me that this is impossible to do without a modification in the data model..