Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Highlighted
Pragna
New Contributor III

Total of Specific Columns is incorrect in Pivot Table

Hi  Everyone,

I have created a pivot table with Different measures and dimensions. I want the view the total values of each column. Let's take column C as example here . The total sum of column C is displaying incorrectly in pivot totals.But when I have manually calculated the total of column C the value seems to be different.

Note : Column C is a calculated measure . I have used the formula FABS(Sum([A]-[B)) 

Incorrect_total.png

Any suggestion/help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP
MVP

Re: Total of Specific Columns is incorrect in Pivot Table

Its not incorrect - for the total, the expression is the absolute difference between the sum of A and sum of B, which is not the same as the sum of the absolute difference of As and Bs. To get sum of rows in a pivot table for something  like this (absolutes / distincts / ratios), use 

Sum(Aggr(Fabs(Sum(A-B)), dim1, dim2, ...))

Where dim1....dimN is a comma separated list of the chart dimensions.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
2 Replies
MVP
MVP

Its not incorrect - for the total, the expression is the absolute difference between the sum of A and sum of B, which is not the same as the sum of the absolute difference of As and Bs. To get sum of rows in a pivot table for something  like this (absolutes / distincts / ratios), use 

Where dim1....dimN is a comma separated list of the chart dimensions.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Pragna
New Contributor III

Thank you so much for your response. This worked perfectly.

I appreciate it.