Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pragna
Contributor III
Contributor III

Total of Specific Columns is incorrect in Pivot Table

Hi  Everyone,

I have created a pivot table with Different measures and dimensions. I want the view the total values of each column. Let's take column C as example here . The total sum of column C is displaying incorrectly in pivot totals.But when I have manually calculated the total of column C the value seems to be different.

Note : Column C is a calculated measure . I have used the formula FABS(Sum([A]-[B)) 

Incorrect_total.png

Any suggestion/help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Its not incorrect - for the total, the expression is the absolute difference between the sum of A and sum of B, which is not the same as the sum of the absolute difference of As and Bs. To get sum of rows in a pivot table for something  like this (absolutes / distincts / ratios), use 

Sum(Aggr(Fabs(Sum(A-B)), dim1, dim2, ...))

Where dim1....dimN is a comma separated list of the chart dimensions.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Its not incorrect - for the total, the expression is the absolute difference between the sum of A and sum of B, which is not the same as the sum of the absolute difference of As and Bs. To get sum of rows in a pivot table for something  like this (absolutes / distincts / ratios), use 

Where dim1....dimN is a comma separated list of the chart dimensions.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Pragna
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you so much for your response. This worked perfectly.

I appreciate it.