Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RAMK
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Transfer selections from one field to another

Hi everyone, 

I have a data model having two fields "CustomerName" & "Customer", the two fields hold the same data but are not linked and i cannot link them due to other considerations in my data model.

i want to transfer user selections from one field to another. for example, user selects XYZ and ABC in "CustomerName", i want XYZ and ABC to be selected in "Customer" field.

I know its possible with getselections in QlikView but cannot get it to work in Qlik Sense.

your help is appreciated,

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Use this in set expression:

Sum({<Customer = P(CustomerName), .... 

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Use this in set expression:

Sum({<Customer = P(CustomerName), .... 

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
RAMK
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks Jon,

This will force me to change set analysis of all expressions. Yet it is a good fall back solution if I couldn't achieve a transfer of selection which will reflect on all expressions.

Thanks

ShellyG
Creator
Creator

Hi Jonathan,

I am trying to accomplish something very similar to what this topic was about. I have two calendars (there is a good reason why they are separated) and I want when a selection is made in one of them, the same selection to be made in the other calendar...

I am not sure I understand the solution though, as I tried something like YEAR1=P([YEAR2]) in a set expression, but it doesn't seem to be properly working... Can you please explain more on how to achieve this? 

Thanks a lot!