Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ClementByr
Contributor III
Contributor III

Trendline section in Qlik Sense

Hello,

I am developping a Qlik Sense App and I need to to do a Nth degree polynomial trendline.

During my research, I have found that QlikView have a Trendline section that does not seems to exist in Qlik Sense. There is also this topic about making formula to calculate trend line in Qlik Sense that was created in 2017 :

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-Documents/Calculating-trend-lines-values-and-for...

I am wondering by the time of this topic if a solution have been found.

Does anyone know if there is actually an easy way to calculate a trend line like QlikView, or if Qlik intend to add this functionnality in the near future, please ?

Also, if someone know the formula to calculate Nth degree polynomial trendline that would be much apreciated, thanks.

Best Regards.

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

See attached qvf for "Polynomial Trendline 2nd degree"

hope this helps

View solution in original post

H_Julian
Contributor III
Contributor III

We were facing the same problem within our Company a few Months ago.

I was able to calculate a moving Average Trendline within the Script Editor, but to properly create polynomial functions within Qlik you should use a Python API and do the necessary Regressions there

Best Regards

Julian

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Clement,

Qlik doesn't offer this and probably won't offer this because it's a statistics part.. less a BI part. You can use the Vizlib Line Chart, it contains a polynomial function for a trendline. But you can't edit this formula.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
ClementByr
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Jordy,

Thank you for the quick reply.

QlikView is also a BI tools and has the functionnality to create trend line, I think it is still possible that Qlik implements a section for trend lines in Qlik Sense. 

In any case, thanks for proposing the extension Vizlib but I would not be able to use it because my companie does not use extension in their apps. I will try to figure out a formula using the python back-end.

Clément

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

See attached qvf for "Polynomial Trendline 2nd degree"

hope this helps

H_Julian
Contributor III
Contributor III

We were facing the same problem within our Company a few Months ago.

I was able to calculate a moving Average Trendline within the Script Editor, but to properly create polynomial functions within Qlik you should use a Python API and do the necessary Regressions there

Best Regards

Julian