Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taps
Contributor II
Contributor II

Trigger/Click multiple drill down charts same time

Hi Friends!

Hope you all are well!

In a qlik sense worksheet, I have 2  drill down pie charts. These are to display  (1) Region wise Revenue amount (2) Region wise EBITDA amount. (Then it is further drill down to  State wise Revenue amount and State wise EBITDA amount....and so on).

Now, the problem is, when I am selecting region (in REVENUE chart); it is drill down to state wise view. But at the same time another chart (EBITDA chart) is not automatically changing; I need to click the region part of EBITDA chart to drill it further.

Is there any way, if I click on any one chart then drill down will take place for both of the charts?

It will help to improve the visualization.

Thanks in advance!

Taps

4 Replies
QlikTom
Employee
Employee

If both charts are using the same Drill-down Master Dimension, both should drill down to a state level once any group of selections result in there only being 1 remaining value for the region dimension. I would double check to make sure you are using the same drilldown master dimension on both pie charts. 

Once you have confirmed that both charts are using the same drill-down Master Dimension, (They don't have to be the same master dimension, but let's not muddy the waters) 

Another possibility is that one of the charts has been placed into an Alternate State. If this is the case, no selections in the app would impact the chart in the Alternate State, save for other objects in the same Alternate State. 

Another possibility, is for some region you have two separate Region fields and each chart is using a different field, in which case a selection in one, would not necessarily impact the other.  

A good test may be to use the smart search or a filter pane to choose one Region value, and see if both charts drill down to the state level. If they do not, it is likely that you have one of the issues above happening. 

Taps
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Qliktom,

You are absolutely right. You have described 3 scenarios.

1. I  have tested per your advise and it is working fine. Thanks for your help 🙂

3. I agree with your example and thanks for letting me know this. 

2. You are right. I am using 2 dimensions as Alternative. While I am selecting alternative2 in chart 1; another chart (chart2) is still in the alternative1 (it is not automatically changing to alternative2, I need to select alternative2 again in chart2. Here I stuck). Need your kind advice how can I do this ? If I select alternative2 in one chart then another chart also show data of alternative2 and vice versa.

Thanks for your help!

Taps

Gui_Approbato
Creator III
Creator III

An alternative to that solution would be to use a conditional dimension with getselectedcount in these charts..

I mean, the dimension would be:

if(   getselectedcount( Dimension1) = 0, Dimension1 , Dimension2)

Cheers

Taps
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Gui_approbato!

I tried with the code in the chart. Tried to add as a dimension in first chart in the expression box. But is showing "Error in Expression". I carefully wathced the syntax; it is looking for field and my  dimensions are not popping up (or not changing it's color after adding).  😞

I have found an useful link; but unable to understand how can I create the buttons and how can I link the codes behind the button with charts as I am new to qlik sense. So, step by step approach is helpful for me.

https://dataqlues.com/getobjectfield-function-and-alternate-dimensions/

Thanks

Taps