Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Not applicable

Two Tables with dimensions in the same table

Hey,

in my QlikSense app I have two pie charts which access the table "Tags". These tags have different topics, so I created multiple charts with tag dimensions. An object can have more than one tag in the data model.

My problem is, that when I select a filter in one of the two Tag-Pie-Charts, the other chart gets grey and says there are only objects with none of the other tags. I checked it in my data and there are objects that have two different tags. (Example screenshots are attached)

How can I archieve that the pie charts show the correct data, even though a "Tag" filter is selected?

6 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Two Tables with dimensions in the same table

Hi Lucas,

Can you share a sample qvf file.

Not applicable

example.PNG

This is what the (relevant) data looks like. Is this what you are looking for?

danansell42
Contributor III

Hi Lucas,

If i understand correctly what you want....

you could apply set analysis in the expression to ignore the 'Tags' field.

for example:

sum( {<[Tags]=>}  UNITS)

Hope this helps

Dan

Not applicable

I used Count(AppName) to simply count all Objects.

Count({<[Tags]=>} AppName)

does not make Qliksense ignore other tag selections, the problems is still there.

Is my formula wrong?

Not applicable

Had a typo in it, works now..

Though that is not exactly what I wanted. The tag selection should not be ignored completely in the pie charts.

I want a set analysis to work normally (I choose a category in the one pie chart and the other adapts). I would really appreciate if you could help me with this.

danansell42
Contributor III

Would be beneficial if you have a sample app to share so i can fully understand the context of what you need.