Test

Labels (3)
15 Replies
vishalmanu
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello Carlos

Thanks for your solution. However I am trying to get the date field from the mapping table to the original table base on the common key which is the product code(not a date field).

Thanks
CarlosAMonroy
Creator III
Creator III

Well that applies for any field, sometimes you have to specify if it's a number or text.

Then you should be fine by just following the Mapping structure:

SourceTable:
Load Mapping
KeyFieldSourceTable,
FieldToMap
From SourceTable;

TargetTable:
Load
ApplyMap('SourceTable', KeyFieldTargetTable) as KeyField,
Field1,
Field2
From TargetTable;

That should do it. Hope that helps,

Carlos M
vishalmanu
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks for the another solution Carlos. I have tried to use the text() function for the common fields (Productcode and Mterisl_key_new) from both the tables so that they resemble the same values. Yet I did not succeed.
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

My suggestion would be to load the mapping file as a regular (non-mapping) table, naming the key field to be the same as the fact table field. ANd then see what matches up or why not. 

-Rob

CarlosAMonroy
Creator III
Creator III

You can try what Rob said. Would be easy if you share just the script for the map (Source and Target tables). We can see if there is any syntax error, or format issue.

Thanks,
Carlos
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I didn't see any common field from 2 tables?

I mean this? Until unless you can't get that work using Applymap.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful