I have all kinds of trouble with sorting. Sorting seems to work incorrectly in charts, tables, filter lists you name it. I am wondering if there is some new trick to get sorting to work like it does in every other product I have used. It is not sorting a string like a number or something simple rather it is almost like it is sorting on a different column first…. Please see the attached picture for an example.
might not be a bug but Qlik's weird (some may disagree) DUAL feature
the value you see on screen isn't necessarily what Qlik sees behind the scenes and it may be sorting on a value you dont expect
Vegar, hit the issue exactly. When I try to “sort by expression” it just reverts to the order in the load script. See the example screenshot for an example.
In the attached example above I am attempting to show the cost center description concatenated with the department code but when the user sorts the column I want the sort order to be on the cost center number not the cost center description.
I changed my sort by expression from:
=$(vCOST_CENTER_CODE) & ' - ' & $(vCOST_CENTER_DESC)
and it works... If anyone who uses Qlik Sense thinks this is not a bug, please feel free to explain in the comment section below.