Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andymanu
Creator II
Creator II

Uniquely identify data rows of a Pivot Table

Hi All,

I got a question with uniquely identifying the data rows of a pivot table.

The data set I am referring is about analysing the utilization staff for the respective work place shifts.

The data set is a dummy one. 

Requirement,

When I select a Date (Actually, I have selected Monday 25th under the "Accountant" classification, I want to see the graphical representation (both Gauge and Line Chart) of the data ONLY related to the selected data row. 

However, since the data set got the data for the date, 25th Monday across other Classification also (for example, Manager, IT Support and Clerk), the graphical representation hows data for all the possible combinations (Please refer the attached screenshot for more details). 

Is there a method to get rid of this issue instead adding tables on to the data visualization window with the respective pivot table dimensions?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Andrew

5 Replies
NhanNguyen
Contributor III
Contributor III

To able to filter only data under "Accountant", I think you could try creating its own date and name the date field differently from other tables' so that Accountant date won't be linked to others.
andymanu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

HI NhanNguyen,
Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately, I can't set up a different date for Accountants because those are the normal business operation dates applicable for all the Classification such as Accountant, Manager IT Support and Clerk.
I was thinking whether to create a new key combining the Date and the Classification and loading the combined key instead of the Date dimension.
It works, but bit doubt about the presentation of data.
Please refer the attached screenshot herewith.
Thanks for your comment.
Kind regards,

Andy

NhanNguyen
Contributor III
Contributor III

Rename AccountantDate field so that it won't match and link with other department dates?

andymanu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi NhanNguyen,
Thanks for the reply.
My main concern is, whenever I select an individual Classification (could be Accountant, Manager, Clerk or IT Support) I need to see the data for the respective selected item only. Thus, for an example, I have selected Accountant here, but it could be something else as well.
Further, the same issue will occur when I select the "Shift" type (for example, Morning, Afternoon or Night). According to my understanding, adding the respective dimensions in to individual tables will resolve the issue to some extend but the user has to perform number of selection from different tables to narrow down his/her selection.
Appreciate your feedback.

Kind regards,
Andy
andymanu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

I got an email and a notification from Qlik Sense stating that I got a new topic posted under the Qlik Support Discussions, for "Uniquely identify data rows of a Pivot Table". 

Appreciate if someone could help me to find the link for the new topic in Qlik Sense?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Andy