cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unknown error when loading Table.

Hello All,

I've been assembling an app and have been coming across an Unknown error when trying to load a specific table.

In the image below IV_Item and AGR_Detail and IV_Product share the same field in common (IV_Item_RecID).

I have AGR Detail and IV Item linked by IV_Item_RecID (as pictured) I also need IV_Product and IV_Item associated by IV_Item_RecID, however when doing this, AGR Detail and IV Product are linked together automatically making a three-way association (pictured below by X'd out black line) The only way I could make the association work was by adding a calculated field that just restates the values of IV_Item_RecID, which I named IV_Item_RecID_Clone. I did this for both the IV_Item and IV_Product tables and as I expected the associations worked and were done separately (pictured by red line Blue check) however, upon loading data I was met with an internal engine unknown error and the program tells me to go to the data load editor for more details. When trying to load data from the data load editor, I still get unknown error however, I can see that the error occurs when loading in IV_Product table. I have tried using different fields and even loading without association between iv_item and iv_product but it still will not load and gives the same error. The only way the data will load is if I remove the IV Product table altogether, which doesn't make sense because I have loaded it into an app successfully just the other day.

Am I missing something here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW this is sensitive company information so I am unable to share the .QVD

Internal Engine Error.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I just had an interesting find... After duplicating my app, I unlocked the auto-generated section in the data load editor and tried deleting the whole autocalendar section at the bottom and that fixed the error, however I actually needed the functionality of the autocalendar so I added it back and it didnt work until I renamed the autocalendar.

Obviously I'm not the only person who has experienced issues because of this autocalendar function. As you can see if you take a look at other forums, you will find that the autocalendar has caused the same problem for people in completely different scenarios. Yet it is always listed as an Unknown error or Internal Engine Error, thus making it impossible to have a clue what could be the actual cause when in reality it is a very simple solution.

I don't know how often Qlik developers look at these threads but I really hope they see this and are able to take action to fix this easily broken autoCalendar script as it'd save others a massive headache and time spent. This caused a big delay on my current project.

Thank you for attempting to help Digvijay, I appreciate your time.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

This kind of error you mentioned could appear if three of your tables are making loop due to your association. The black line you have dotted looks to me the correct way to associate all three tables as its not making any loop and I believe you have IV_Item_RecID common in all three tables. If you don't have synthetic keys by having two fields connecting any two tables and you don't have loops(two different ways to traverse in your association links) you should be good to go.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, you are correct that I have IV_Item_RecID on all three tables, however, I was given specific instructions not to connect IV_Product and AGR_Detail. This is the complication I am facing. I want to connect IV_Product and IV_Item so that they have their own association and not one shared with AGR_Detail. As I said in my post I tried to do this by making clone fields of the field I wanted to connect with but that did not work.

Digvijay_Singh

I think you should rename IV_Item_RecID in AGR_Detail only and keep rest the same. Somehow there needs to be a single link between two tables to associate but keeping the data meaningful at the same time.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have tried this as well. The result is still the same and the data does not load. I tried just cloning  AGR_Detail.IV_Item_RecID and linking to the cloned field in IV_Item.IV_Item_RecID which successfully separates the two associations but results in a data load error every time. I also tried linking the AGR_Detail clone to the original IV_Item field but that results in the double association, which I do not want.

Why these cloned fields are causing an "Unknown Error" is the big question. All that I am doing is making a calculated field that is equal to IV_Item_RecID in it's respective table, I don't see why that should cause an error.

Digvijay_Singh

Can you share your script? If all tables are connected through a single field, it should not normally cause data model issue until and unless there are other data quality issues like cross joining causing heavy load due to not matching keys between tables etc.

Digvijay_Singh

through single field means, no two tables have two fields common between them.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I just had an interesting find... After duplicating my app, I unlocked the auto-generated section in the data load editor and tried deleting the whole autocalendar section at the bottom and that fixed the error, however I actually needed the functionality of the autocalendar so I added it back and it didnt work until I renamed the autocalendar.

Obviously I'm not the only person who has experienced issues because of this autocalendar function. As you can see if you take a look at other forums, you will find that the autocalendar has caused the same problem for people in completely different scenarios. Yet it is always listed as an Unknown error or Internal Engine Error, thus making it impossible to have a clue what could be the actual cause when in reality it is a very simple solution.

I don't know how often Qlik developers look at these threads but I really hope they see this and are able to take action to fix this easily broken autoCalendar script as it'd save others a massive headache and time spent. This caused a big delay on my current project.

Thank you for attempting to help Digvijay, I appreciate your time.