Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

janwuvps
New Contributor

Unlink Table from all Other Tables

This is a question for Qlik Sense.

I have a table that I want to be completely unlinked from all other tables, however it seems to need to share a field name with another table.

I currently have two tables, one which I need to be "standalone" (not linked with any other table). This has a field called GroupID. I have another table which is linked to a number of other tables. This table also has a field called GroupID. No other tables have GroupID in their list of fields.

My problem becomes that I need to restrict access to both of these tables through GroupID (ex users in Group A will only be able to see things marked A in both the standalone and linked tables), so it appears that I cannot change the name of the field in the standalone.

How can I either remove the linkage between the two tables, or make section access apply by multiple fields (at which I would change standalone's GroupID field name to something else)?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YoussefBelloum
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Unlink Table from all Other Tables

Hi,

to disconnect a table from the rest of the model, you can use multiple techniques, like the QUALIFY statement

Qualify statement adds on the loaded fields the name of the table.

example:

Qualify *;

TableA:

load

field1

field2

from...

Unqualify;

==> on your model, you will have fields named like this: TableA.field1, TableA.field2

using this,  no chance to have fields sharing the same name with other fields from other tables, resulting to a disconnected table.

and for a section access using different fields, read this:

Data Reduction Using Multiple Fields

Basics for complex authorization

Authorization using a Hierarchy

1 Reply
YoussefBelloum
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Unlink Table from all Other Tables

Hi,

to disconnect a table from the rest of the model, you can use multiple techniques, like the QUALIFY statement

Qualify statement adds on the loaded fields the name of the table.

example:

Qualify *;

TableA:

load

field1

field2

from...

Unqualify;

==> on your model, you will have fields named like this: TableA.field1, TableA.field2

using this,  no chance to have fields sharing the same name with other fields from other tables, resulting to a disconnected table.

and for a section access using different fields, read this:

Data Reduction Using Multiple Fields

Basics for complex authorization

Authorization using a Hierarchy

Community Browser