Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MA1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Url in Qliksense

Hi, I have one ptoblem with QlikSense

I want to load information from website by url, but I want to see this url in script

for example in Qlikview I can create this script

Like:

LOAD

"type",

id as [UserID],

first_name,

last_name,

%Key_response_9466E14D029DB307

FROM [https://api.vk.com/method/likes.getList.xml?type=post&owner_id=-15591739&item_id=1721344&friends_onl...]

(XmlSimple, table is [response/items/user]);

but this script doesn't work in Qlik Sense.

In Qliksense I can only use

Like:

LOAD

"type",

id,

first_name,

last_name,

%Key_response_9466E14D029DB307

FROM [lib://Like]

(XmlSimple, table is [response/items/user]);

[lib://Like] this line is automatic. Instead this line I need see url in QlikSense.

Thanks a lots

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MA1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This text was helped me

In Qlik Sense deactivate the Standard Mode in Qlik Management Console -> Engine Properties.

In Qlik Sense Desktop open the file C:\Users\{user}\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Settings.ini in a text editor. Change StandardReload=1 to StandardReload=0. Save the file and restart Qlik Sense.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MA1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This text was helped me

In Qlik Sense deactivate the Standard Mode in Qlik Management Console -> Engine Properties.

In Qlik Sense Desktop open the file C:\Users\{user}\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Settings.ini in a text editor. Change StandardReload=1 to StandardReload=0. Save the file and restart Qlik Sense.

deonjoub
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

I know this is way late but here is the solution that I just found

The Surprising Power of Web File Data Connections in Qlik Sense | by Austin Spivey | Medium

[Scoring Stats load]:
LOAD
RK,
TEAM,
GP,
PTS,
"FGM-FGA",
FG%,
"3PM-3PA",
"3P%",
"FTM-FTA",
FT%
FROM [lib://ESPN (qlikcloud_qlikid_yourUserID)]
(URL is "http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/statistics/team/_/stat/scoring/sort/points/year/2002/cou...", html, codepage is 28591, embedded labels, table is @1);

Create a LIB to any endpoint that works then use the "URL is" script specifier and then you can pass variable values to any portion of the URL you want to iterate through.