Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using Alternate States in Qlik Sense but not using an extension?

Hi ,

I have tried doing alternate states in qlik sense by not using any extensions but got lost at a moment....

Here is the things I did to make alternate states work. I have an item with its unit prices. The client wants to compare item 1 selected in a table chart to another item 2 selected in a table chart beside it on the same sheet.

So , I have created two other fields renaming item as item_selection_1 and item_selection_2. Also applied set analysis to ignore item_selection_2 in item_selection_1 selections.

I achieved it partly where after selecting one item in item_selection_1, I need to select one item from item_selection_1 and then can select items from item_selection_2.....

Is there anything I should apply more to make it work properly and independent of the selections of each item?

Here I have attached an example .qvf for reference.

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
6 Replies
ersanduran
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

You can only achieve this using data islands and P() function in QlikSense. I updated your application and attached. Basically what you do is, you create 2 new tables not attached to your data model (in your case you have only one table but in case you have a complicated data model, Item_Selection_Table1 and Item_Selection_Table2 tables should not be associated to any other tables).

Then in your Dashboard you should associate your selections to your data model using SET analysis and P() function. In your case you need to create 2 separate cost expression as:

Cost 1: sum({$<Item=P(Item_Selection1)>}UnitPrice)

Cost 2: sum({$<Item=P(Item_Selection2)>}UnitPrice)

Please let me know if this approach solves your issue. The application is in the attachment, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ersan and Shraddha . It works fine.

ersanduran
Contributor III
Contributor III

I am glad it was helpful.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks!!
It is helpful and easier than I thought.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This is now implemented properly in Qlik Sense Cloud, it should be appearing in Enterprise and Desktop soon, I would imagine.

This blog post gives the details: http://bit.ly/2ykGhDg

Steve