cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Powershell via Qlik Sense Application

Hey Guys

I am developing in Qlik Sense for about a month now and I just hit a brick wall trying to execute windows powershell commandos/scripts via Qlik Sense... The ultimate goal would be to start an already existing script with parameters via Qlik for powershell.

I found some scripts online doing similar things. What I found was this: (Just trying out a simple command to see if powershell does anything at all)

LET vtmpFile = 'Get-Process | Out-File -filepath C:\Users\mafa\Documents\ScanFiles\test\process.txt'; 

EXECUTE PowerShell -command $(vtmpFile); 

This is pretty simple to understand, but QlikSense isnt able to run this. At first I thought that the syntax was wrong, but then after a while I tried this exact line in QlikView and to my surprise it worked perfectly.

Has anyone got experience using powershell via Qlik? There is a lot more reference to find from people who execute Qlik Tasks via powershell and not the other way around...

thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Did you follow the instructions found here to disable StandardReload which doesn't allow the EXECUTE statement?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/LoadData/disable-standard-mode.htm

In short - for Qlik Sense Desktop you can edit the SETTINGS.INI file and insert a new line:

StandardReload=0

Snippet from the documentation - concerning specifically server security for Qlik Sense Enterprise:

2018-07-31 17_37_20-Editing an engine ‒ Qlik Sense.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Did you follow the instructions found here to disable StandardReload which doesn't allow the EXECUTE statement?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/LoadData/disable-standard-mode.htm

In short - for Qlik Sense Desktop you can edit the SETTINGS.INI file and insert a new line:

StandardReload=0

Snippet from the documentation - concerning specifically server security for Qlik Sense Enterprise:

2018-07-31 17_37_20-Editing an engine ‒ Qlik Sense.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Petter,

yes I already disabled standard mode and followed the Qlik Help instructions regarding settings.ini. Somehow the script I was running yesterday decided to work after one and a half hours...

Anyway, thank you for the quick reply!!

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

And Qlik Sense will not read the settings until you stop and start the Qlik Sense Desktop....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I restarted everything multiple times... (working on Server, not Sense Desktop). My colleague said he can´t explain to me either, why it worked all of a sudden and what exactly I was doing wrong earlier.