Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
P_S
Partner - Contributor III

Using Qlik to calculate rebate with condition

Hello Qlik community, I have an issue with rebate app that I have tried to developed. I created measure with if-else condition but it work only with some result. My if-else statement is this one

If(Wildmatch(VDR1, 'QLIK*'),
If(Sum({<VDR1 = {"QLIK*"}>}[Net Margin (Performance Sales/PM)])/Sum({<VDR1 = {"QLIK*"}>}[Net Revenue (Performance)]) > 0.12,
If(Sum({<VDR1 = {"QLIK*"}>}[Net Revenue (Performance)]) >= 1000000, Sum({<VDR1 = {"QLIK*"}>}[Net Revenue (Performance)])*1.5/100,
If(Sum({<VDR1 = {"QLIK*"}>}[Net Revenue (Performance)]) >= 300000, Sum({<VDR1 = {"QLIK*"}>}[Net Revenue (Performance)])/100, 0)
)
),0
)

So I used this one with the data and result look like this

Question1.jpgQuestion2.jpg

It works fine with some result but in the red box the Revenue up to 407k so it should be go into the condition like the 348k but its show Rebate as 0. What do I miss in my if-else statement or any idea?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
P_S
Author

I can fix this issue by using set analysis instead of using WildMatch. Thank you for your advice.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
P_S
Author

I have just found the cause of the problem. It happened because there is more than one Qlik product for example: Qlik - A, Qlik - B, Qlik - C, etc. So when it's come to calculation in Rebate application if data show customers sales Qlik - A and Qlik - B, it will not calculate like in if-else statement. It will calculate only one Qlik product like in 348k they sales only Qlik - A application will work fine but for 407k they sales Qlik - A for 200k and Qlik - B for 207k . That makes Rebate come out as 0.

Any idea for fixing this issue? Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Hi

Not able to understand the cause of the problem

P_S
Author

Sorry I will give you the example table of this data

VDR1CustomersSalesMargin
QLIK - AA387000120000
QLIK - BB10000023000
QLIK - DC200000100000
QLIK - AD20000050000
QLIK - BD20700055000
QLIK - CE100002300
QLIK - AF3000012000
QLIK - CG40000001200000

From this table up there customers A, D, and G should get rebate because minimum to get rebate in statement is 300000. But this Rebate application will calculate rebate only customer A and G.

For customer D sales QLIK - A and QLIK - B the application should use sale of A and B combine and calculate rebate but it calculate them separately so the result will come out as 0 because QLIK - A and QLIK - B is not above 300000.

Hope this one clearer than last of my reply.

shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Got your point, thanks.

Then why are you considering the first Column while calculating rebate?Let it be only Customer, Sales and Margin only!

P_S
Author

Thank you for reply. Actually it has more than just Qlik product so each product has its own condition to get rebate. For example, Qlik has to sales more than 300k to get rebate and product X has to sales up to 70k to get rebate.

So, I have to consider the first Column. 

P_S
Author

I can fix this issue by using set analysis instead of using WildMatch. Thank you for your advice.

avinashelite

Issue is here 

your values is greater than 1000K so it validating under the first condition itself so add an and condition like below else change the order of 300k and 100k  

If(Sum({<VDR1 = {"QLIK*"}>}[Net Margin (Performance Sales/PM)])>=1000000 and  Sum({<VDR1 = {"QLIK*"}>}[Net Margin (Performance Sales/PM)])<3000000,  Formula )

If(Wildmatch(VDR1, 'QLIK*'),
If(Sum({<VDR1 = {"QLIK*"}>}[Net Margin (Performance Sales/PM)])/Sum({<VDR1 = {"QLIK*"}>}[Net Revenue (Performance)]) > 0.12,
If(Sum({<VDR1 = {"QLIK*"}>}[Net Revenue (Performance)]) >= 1000000, Sum({<VDR1 = {"QLIK*"}>}[Net Revenue (Performance)])*1.5/100,
If(Sum({<VDR1 = {"QLIK*"}>}[Net Revenue (Performance)]) >= 300000, Sum({<VDR1 = {"QLIK*"}>}[Net Revenue (Performance)])/100, 0)
)
),0
)

shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Yes, that is a good idea too.

P_S
Author

Thank you for your advice but I try it and result still the same.

If(Sum({<VDR1 = {"QLIK*"}>}[Net Revenue (Performance)]) >= 1000000, 
Sum({<VDR1 = {"QLIK*"}>}[Net Revenue (Performance)])*1.5/100,
If(Sum({<VDR1 = {"QLIK*"}>}[Net Revenue (Performance)]) >= 300000, 
Sum({<VDR1 = {"QLIK*"}>}[Net Revenue (Performance)])/100,
)
)
)

This one is the one make issue fixed.