Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Using estimated value from another table

Hello everyone

I need very much help with this estimation.

I have Table 1 and Table 2.

• Year- dimension
  • Two measures: Country 1 and Country 2

Capture.JPG

Table 2 uses Total values from Table 1 estimating values.

I cannot find how I can get Total value (From Table 1) calculating Table 2 without typing full formula that is used in Table 1. Is it possible somehow to refer to the Total value? Maybe there is any formula to get the Total value?

I cannot type in Table 2 full formula from Table 1, because I do not have enough space in the script as both Tables are much more complicated than the example.

5 Replies
hector_munoz
Valued Contributor

Re: Using estimated value from another table

Hi Ignas,

I assume you want to do it in script, so would it be possible to make a LEFT JOIN from a temporary table resulting as an aggregation of Table1 (eg group by year) to TABLE 2?

Regards,

H

Partner
Partner

Hello Muñoz,

Thank you for your response. I am not sure if it is possible, because tables are created in QS visualization (Pivot table) and the estimation is also done in the table.

Would it be possible if I share with you the App and you could have a look? I could send to your email, if you have few minutes to look

Regards,

Ignas

hector_munoz
Valued Contributor

Sure!

Regards,

H

Partner
Partner

Would you tell me your email please? I cannot find it in your profile. Thanks a lot

hector_munoz
Valued Contributor

Hi Ignas,

I assume that Year dimension is shared (is the same) by Table1 and Table2 and each person works in a country, so the Table2 expression formula would be something like:

Sum([Personal Portion]) + Sum(TOTAL <Country> Estimation)

Hope it serves! I think that the key of your problem is the TOTAL modifier. Take a look at it into the Reference Manual...

Regards,
H