Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ltc
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Using same sheet in Story with different filters

Hi all,

I'm creating a story and want to use a particular sheet on 2 slides of the story.  On one slide,  I want to have filter A applied, and on the other slide, I want to have a filter B applied.

I can add the first sheet as a slide with filter A applied - no problem.

When I go to add the second sheet with filter B applied - it will revert back to filter A.

Is this expected behavior?  Is it not possible to use the same sheet twice in a story with two different filters applied?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

>>since the snapshots don't update.

Precisely. The linked sheets will update whenever the selections change, and you can't have more than one set of selections in the slide show. So you can have multiple snapshots with different selections, but not multiple linked sheets.

One alternative would be to create a duplicate object in a different alternate state - then you could link the two sheets with different selections. But I am not sure how you would handle the front end and manage the selections.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Take snapshots with each set of selections and use those in your stories.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
ltc
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

True, but that isn't ideal since the snapshots don't update.

I was just trying to find out if this behavior is expected?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

>>since the snapshots don't update.

Precisely. The linked sheets will update whenever the selections change, and you can't have more than one set of selections in the slide show. So you can have multiple snapshots with different selections, but not multiple linked sheets.

One alternative would be to create a duplicate object in a different alternate state - then you could link the two sheets with different selections. But I am not sure how you would handle the front end and manage the selections.

ltc
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you!

kinahan7
Contributor III
Contributor III

I'm a little lost on this one, because I have previously created stories with the same sheet multiple times with different selections.

The annoying work around I had to do was keep a blank sheet as the first sheet - This way when I open the story it doesn't default the sheets to the first sheet selections.  This worked great when I was only including one dimension in the title that would be changing from sheet to sheet ex. State.  When I try the same thing with GetCurrentSelections the workaround still work and the selections change - but GetCurrentSelections doesn't populate the selection when it is being applied by the story.

Does anyone know how to make this work?  I'm on the April release but plan on testing this in Feb.

ThoSt
Contributor
Contributor

I can't help but wanted to confirm what the workaround worked. I have now added a cover page to my story, so it's not too bad.