Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Billy_u
Creator
Creator

VARIABLE IN SET ANALYSIS

Hi everyone,

i try in qlik sense a set analysis with a variable, i will want calcolate a misure of year and year preview, but make me the total:

sum({<ANNO = {$(=max(ANNO))}},=$(=$(varaiblemesaure)))

With this result a total of all year...

thx every one,

hi,

Billy

Labels (2)
9 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

What is the "varaiblemesaure"?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Billy_u
Creator
Creator
Author

is a variable / container, where there is an expression whose result is a score

Anil_Babu_Samineni

If that variable returns 1000, Simply use 

sum({<ANNO = {"$(=max(ANNO))"}>} variablename)

Or

sum({<ANNO = {"$(=max(ANNO))"}>} $(variablename))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Billy_u
Creator
Creator
Author

the problem is that it makes me the total sum, instead I would like the data of the year max or of the previous year, to compare them

Anil_Babu_Samineni

The same question you already asked in the opening message itself. What is variable you defined? Is this something ANNO = {"$(=max(ANNO))"} calculating the Max Year? If not, What your goal here?

If you need compare analysis, Create Bar chart with Dimension as ANNO and Expression

Sum({<ANNO = {">=$(=AddYears(Max(ANNO),-1))<=$(=Max(ANNO))"}>} variablename) 

Billy_u
Creator
Creator
Author

I would like to make the difference between the (variable) score of the current and previous year variable

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can u please upload an example to test?

Billy_u
Creator
Creator
Author

the result if i will want it's:

something similar...

($(score(MaxYear)) - $(score(MaxYear-1))) / $(score(MaxYear-1))

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Seems like this is like Parameter query in analysis? I believe you already have variable like score in that you want by pass the all values with Latest and Latest-1?