Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oxiofrt
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Value of dimension on the line after

Hi,

I try to build a table with inter records features. I need not to use loading scripts.

I have joined an application with the basic data, and I would like to complete this table with two columns.

First colum would contain the value of a dimension available in the line after.

Second column is a simple calculation using the previously build column.

Thanks a lot for your help !

Labels (1)
  • after

4 Replies
thkarner
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Didn´t check the qvf, but seems to me as you need to build the reference between previous and next reow during the load of the data. Therefore you can sort the data and use the previous function.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2019/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/InterRecordFun...

Regards,

Thomas

If application please mark helpful / solved.

oxiofrt
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks a lot for your answer.

The matter is that I need NOT to use the loading script. I didn't find any inter record function that works for a dimension.

That's why I joined a qvf, as the job as to be done after the load.

thkarner
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

If it´s not possible to use a load script it could get hard.

The inter-record functions are listed here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2019/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/InterReco...

Under Row functions you see the only functions available in chart expressions. These are Above, Below, Bottom, Top and NoOfRows.

If you use one of those functions you always need to build your logic in each single chart object, which could be almost unmaintainable, but probably works for you.

I don´t have the background information why you want to avoid solving the topic in the load script, but I´d highly recommend to solve your requirement in the data model with the load script.

I´m QS developer since years and have my doubts if you can finally succeed with the chart expressions and without load script.

Regards, Thomas

oxiofrt
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Quite difficult to explain in a message, and data in the qvf is extremely simplified.

I can only agree with your comment, and if possible would definitely prefer to prepare the data during the loading script.

Thanks Thomas for your help