Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Highlighted
Not applicable

ValueList() Not working when using variable... help?

Hey, Qlik Community:

I'm trying to save sheet real estate by combining charts using the Variable extension and find that when using it in conjunction with ValueList(), I get the message 'The selections generated no data for this chart.' Here's the setup:

Variable extension with 2 values:

Variable name: vChartToggle

Value 1: 0

Value 2: 1

Target Visualization: Line Chart with 2 dimensions and one metric:

Dimension 1: 

IF($(vChartToggle)=0, [YYYYMM],IF($(vChartToggle)=1,[MONTH_NAME]))

Dimension 2:

IF($(vChartToggle)=0,VALUELIST('Actual','Plan'),IF($(vChartToggle)=1,[YEAR_INT]))

Metric 1:

IF($(vChartToggle)=0,

PICK(MATCH(VALUELIST('Actual','Plan'),'Actual','Plan'),($(func_KPI('Actual','R13M'))),($(func_KPI('Plan','R13M')))),

IF($(vChartToggle)=1,SUM( {<

SCEN={'A'}

,[Reporting_mo_anchor.YYYYMM]={'$(_ReportingYearMonth2)'}

,[Reporting_mo.rte_code]={'YTD','YTDPY'}

>} Premium)))

It is important to note that when the variable is set to 1 (i.e. $(vChartToggle)=1) the chart works as expected. It's only when the chart value is set to 0 that it does not work. The charts also work if I separate them into two distinct charts without the use of a variable.

Anyone know any limitations on using ValueList() this way?

1 Reply
Partner
Partner

Re: ValueList() Not working when using variable... help?

didn't find anything wrong with expression.

Can you share Sample app..