Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maiko_shibuta
Contributor
Contributor

What will happen if new data is added after creating new fields by Profiling Cards in Data Manager

Hi!

Could anyone tell me what will happen in the below scenario?

New data is added to the data source after you created new fields in Data Manager (Table editor view) for example, by splitting values or creating a new bucket using the functionalities of Profiling Cards.  You would re-load the data from the data source, but then what will happen to the manually created fields?

Will the manually created new fields also be filled with correct values automatically?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Digvijay_Singh

If I understand it  correctly, yes, as long as the manually created new fields are created from the fields which exists in the updated source data. These new calculated fields will be loaded and updated as per their definition whenever reload is executed.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

If I understand it  correctly, yes, as long as the manually created new fields are created from the fields which exists in the updated source data. These new calculated fields will be loaded and updated as per their definition whenever reload is executed.

maiko_shibuta
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you Digvijay! Yes, that was what I wanted to know.

(I could also see myself that the calculated fields were filled with values derived from newly loaded data.)