Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Not applicable

Why MS SQL and Qlick Sense show different counting results for empty cells?

Hi everybody,

i'm struggling to use the functions count/Nullcount/missingCount/isNull and similar to obtain the right number of emply cells of an array.

In my Qlick sense sheet, i loaded correctly the data from an OLE DB but i didn't insert any set condition for the Null interpreting in the script.

Using Microsoft SQL management studio 2014, i made a query in SQL to count the empty cells of a field named "Campo" and the query shows me 32955 empty cells. This is the right number of empty cells present in the array.

Following, i attach the query inserted in SQL to obtain the previous result:

Select Count(Valore)

From dbo.Campi

Where Valore=''            //('' is made with a couple of ')//

I'm sure that the DB has been loaded with empty cells (so this cells exist but without any value inside).

Insted, if i use Qlick sense to make a KPI that simply counts the emply cells from the field Valore, Qlick sense returns me differents results:

if i use the expression count (Valore)='', the KPI returns me 0;

if i use the expression NullCount(valore), the KPI returns me 0;

if i use the expression MissingCount(Valore), the KPI returns me 70878. In particular this last result makes me confused, beacuse i can't explane it to me.

if i use the expression isNull(Valore), the KPI returns me -1.

In my opinion i have to insert in the script a particular condition to let qlick sense to consider the emplty cells as a particular value with the function NullInterpret. i tried this but without any success.

Anyone can help me?

Community Browser