Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Why changes to apps are lost?

Hi!

I use Qlik Sense version 3.0.0. Changes made to apps, like editing variables, deleting variables, editing measures are occassionally lost. Sometimes it happens when the app is reloaded. Sometimes it is enough to reload the browser after a while (or a longer while). I am curious if somebody else experiences this and if there is something that can be identified as a cause for such a behaviour.

49 Replies
Oliver_F
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

I am pretty sure we did not have any exit script command active in the script, when the reset happend.

But we probably used the exit script command during developement.

wizardo
Creator III
Creator III

hi,

similar thing happens to me, I'm on June release server edition.

i make changes to my app on  My "Work" stream.

when i press f5(refresh) all changes are gone.

then i made some changes and stayed on the sheet, then opened the hub again on another tab. and then duplicated the app

and the changes are gone from it when i open it. i basically have 2 tabs open, one with the original app with the changes still visible.

and another tab that have the duplicated app (duplicated after making changes)

but in this new tab the changes are gone.

if i press refresh on the first tab all the changes are gone from it

basically the session and the changes i make are not saved

also if i make changes in one tab, then open the script editor in another tab and reload the data.....when i go back to the first tab....all my changes are gone.

what gives?????

Oliver_F
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

I just found sth. that might lead to the right direction:

I have a chart, that is not working correctly (Boxplot). It is trapped in an infinite load loop because the data set is to huge.

While this was loading I deleted a table in the edit mode. I closed the App. Re-opened it and the table was there again.

Theory: The App is saved when everything has loaded completely. While the boxplots in my case never finished and the engine maybe kept working on the task in the background even the app was closed, the app was never saved.

Can you maybe confirm similar circumstances when the error happened to you?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Qlik should warn devs/users of this issue since this is quite a common thing to do

QlikUpdate
Creator
Creator

I wanted to update everyone on this issue.

We have identified the root cause, and as suspected it does have to do with tabs.

When you open Qlik Sense Cloud the initial tab you used to open the app maintains the sync with the Qlik Sense Cloud server. If you open additional tabs using the "New Tab" button in the selection menu (see below) you are able to work with the different functions (sheets, Data Model Viewer, Script Editor, etc) and maintain the syncing as normal, so long as the initial tab remains open.

Untitled-1.jpg

However, if you close that initial tab, that is, the one you used to open the app, syncing breaks. This is what causes the loss of work, because the server no longer recognizes your work as related to the app.

We are working on a fix that should deploy in the next few days. Until that time, you can work either by only working in a single tab, or ensure that you do not close the tab used to launch your Qlik Sense Cloud app.

I do truly apologize for the inconvenience this bug has caused, and I'm happy that we will soon have a fix.

Regards,

Joe

Please mark this message as Correct so that others can see the resolution without having to scroll.

Oliver_F
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Joe,

great news! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Does this problem exist in all versions of Qlik or is it only present in some older/newer versions?

Will there be a fix for all versions or will our clients have to Update QlikSense to get the fix.

All the best

Oliver

abdul_mo
Contributor II
Contributor II

hi,

what about Qlik Sense Enterprise, I have  the same problem.

Regards

guy_benhaim
Contributor
Contributor

This  relates to QS Desktop:

All was working well for about a month, then SAVE stopped working ...

I did fresh re-install.  After that it let me save once(...)  and stopped saving.

Actually, after a failed SAVE the specific App does not load anymore, unless I exit QlikSense altogether, and use it again.

Disabling Windows FW and Defender made no difference.

Could it be Security permission to the QlikSense App directory?

guy_benhaim
Contributor
Contributor

This  relates to QS Desktop:

All was working well for about a month, then SAVE stopped working ...

I did fresh re-install.  After that it let me save once(...)  and stopped saving.

Actually, after a failed SAVE the specific App does not load anymore, unless I exit QlikSense altogether, and use it again.

Disabling Windows FW and Defender made no difference.

Could it be Security permission to the QlikSense App directory?

PatrickAlex
Contributor II
Contributor II

Experiencing same problem here. Losing sheet objects after hours of work. I have tested with simple text box: same issue. New sheets also does not working.

Qlik Sense Enterprise September 2018 Patch 1 > qliksenseserver: 12.36.3
Google Chrome Version 73.0.3683.103 (Official version) 64 bits
Windows 10 Pro