Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

Why chart 1 date format display as 401218 ?

Hi All

I have chart 1 and chart 2 , why chart 1 unable to display the correct date format ?

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Its because the dates are converted into julian date.

Use Date() function to show it in date format.

Pick(Match($(Var_P),1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10),(if(year>2011,year)),YearQtr,YearMonth,YearMonthWeek,Date(YearMonthDay),REGION_,COUNTRY,GROUP_CLASS,company)

Regards,

kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Paul,

What about adding a date format to your existing PERIOD formula? Will it work?

Date(Pick(Match($(Var_P),1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10),(if(year>2011,year)),YearQtr,YearMonth,YearMonthWeek,YearMonthDay,REGION_,COUNTRY,GROUP_CLASS,company),'DD/MM/YYYY')

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sir

Thank you for your help.

But My Question is my below Script only work for when for Yr YrMth YrQtr .

Pick(Match($(Var_P),1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10),(if(year>2011,year)),YearQtr,YearMonth,YearMonthWeek,YearMonthDay,REGION_,COUNTRY,GROUP_CLASS,company)

But above script not work when i Click on Button YrMthDay. As it display 42418 , Can you advise me how to make it work ?

Paul

Not applicable

What is source for loading your data ?

if it is SQL then int he query itself use cast date for the column...

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Its because the dates are converted into julian date.

Use Date() function to show it in date format.

Pick(Match($(Var_P),1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10),(if(year>2011,year)),YearQtr,YearMonth,YearMonthWeek,Date(YearMonthDay),REGION_,COUNTRY,GROUP_CLASS,company)

Regards,

kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Kaushik

it is working fine now. many thank. Any idea why add Date infront will solve the problem ?

Paul

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi sir

My date is from QV data.

Now it is okay

Paul

Sent from my iPhone

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Because the Date function will convert the number into date. In your case it was a number which was converted into date by Date function.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki