Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.
Please see the attached Qlikview. I have changed fields to reduce the problem to few tables and generic names.
Click the button (note its Actions will affect a selection).
Once the selection happens, you can't change from 2012-12-31 to 2013-12-31.
I explained it further in the Qlikview, but you can also see details below:
LOAD * INLINE [
DetailDescription, DetailId, Joiner
not this thing, 1, 21000-12/31/2014
not this thing, 2, 0-12/31/2014
not this thing, 3, 16951-12/31/2013
why is this screwed, 4, 0-12/31/2013
want this thing, 5, 15209-12/31/2012
want this thing, 6-ignore, 0-12/31/2012
want this thing, 7, 16951-12/31/2013
want this thing, 8-ignore, 0-12/31/2013
While the button unlocks, clears all, and enacts this selection as my starting point:
And from that point, Qlikview won't allow me to change my expression to 2013-12-31...
It does allow your selection to change if any of these conditions were met:
- DetailDescription search string was '*thing*' instead of '*want*'
- I guess because it stretches DetailDescription to something else which exists in 2013-12-31
- DetailId search string was '(5|7)' instead of '(5)'
- I guess because 7 exists in the 2013-12-31, the new selection would not be mutually exclusive
- Dropped the third table CouldDropThisTableThatWouldFix; see load script
- I have no idea why this helps