cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neha
Contributor II
Contributor II

Wrong date format is coming while exporting qliksense report into excel data

Wrong date format is coming while exporting qliksense report into excel data.

I did notice a strange action with the dates. 

The dates appear correct on the Qlik report.  However, if I export the data to Excel, the date actually changes (e.g. 12/17/2019 vs. 1/17/19 12:12 AM). Kindly help. Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimvB
Creator II
Creator II

In Qlik Sense your Date field contains a timestamp (e.g. 1/17/19 12:12 AM). In a chart object, you defined the Date dimension as “Date”, so the chart object hides the time and only shows the date (e.g. 1/17/19). When exporting to Excel, all data will be exported including the hidden parts. So, Qlik exports the full timestamp. The same holds for example for decimal values. If you define decimal values as an integer format in an object and export it, Qlik will export the full decimal values.

If you only want the date to be exported, you should use the Floor() function to drop the timestamp. So, in an object, use the following dimension expression: Date(Floor(DateField),'MM/DD/YYYY'). 

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TimvB
Creator II
Creator II

In Qlik Sense your Date field contains a timestamp (e.g. 1/17/19 12:12 AM). In a chart object, you defined the Date dimension as “Date”, so the chart object hides the time and only shows the date (e.g. 1/17/19). When exporting to Excel, all data will be exported including the hidden parts. So, Qlik exports the full timestamp. The same holds for example for decimal values. If you define decimal values as an integer format in an object and export it, Qlik will export the full decimal values.

If you only want the date to be exported, you should use the Floor() function to drop the timestamp. So, in an object, use the following dimension expression: Date(Floor(DateField),'MM/DD/YYYY'). 

Hope it helps!

Neha
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Tim,

Thanks alot for the solution. It helped me.

Regards,

Neha