Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Billy_u
Creator
Creator

add a specific column to table in a data model

Hi everyone,

I have a data model based on Excel sheets.

In some of these sheets there is not a field (city) that is present in the others,

this field / column must always be in cell B: 2 in order to be consistent with the rest.

Without touching excel manually how can I add this field to the script  where I don't have it and then get qvd that match, correctly?

thank you to everyone

Labels (4)
8 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

how are you loading these excel sheets? from the way you phrased it i am assuming you are doing wilcard load like *.xlsx or something similar.
if it is i dont believe there is a way apart updating the excel
Billy_u
Creator
Creator
Author

i'm loading with a automated procedure with a

load *

from "variable defined"

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

as far as i know with automated load unfortunately you will need to add into excel .
is there any way to differentiate names of ones without the column? if so maybe you can split the load into 2
Billy_u
Creator
Creator
Author

i didn't understand very well

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Are the files with column missing named in any particular way (different from others)
Billy_u
Creator
Creator
Author

yes the name of files is ever different

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

i dont think you get what i mean. My question is there a pattern to the names of files with column missing.
e.g. Most files are have a pattern for names like MyFiles05062019.xlsx, MyFiles04062019.xlsx etc
but files with the column missing has a different pattern NoCityFiles05062019.xlsx...
Billy_u
Creator
Creator
Author

I understand do you say to rename the files in the source dividing them those that don't have the field and those that have it?