Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Not applicable

can't select multiple fields such as date or store; only one at a time

I am new to Qlik Sense. I have a table with a filter pane that has:

TxnYear     TxnMonth   TxnDate     Store#      Associate

When I select the TxnYear, I can select the date and month.

When I try to select the Store# or Associate, all other selections immediately clear.

My understanding was that successive selections on the filters would narrow the search increasingly. In my case,

I want to select a TxnYear and Month, a Store, and the Associate's sale at that particular store.

From my reading of the documentation, this is the default way that Qlik Sense operates. It's certainly what I was

used to in QlikView.

Is there a global setting or something that I missing?

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: can't select multiple fields such as date or store; only one at a time

If your selections in other fields clear if you select a Store# then those Store# values are not associated with records that contain TxnYear/Month/Date values. It's a problem in your data model. Qlik Sense works no different than QlikView.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
2 Replies

If your selections in other fields clear if you select a Store# then those Store# values are not associated with records that contain TxnYear/Month/Date values. It's a problem in your data model. Qlik Sense works no different than QlikView.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable

thanks, Gilbert.My original data model has TxnDate, and I derive TxnYear, Month, and Week from that (e.g TxnYear = Year(TxnDate), etc. ). My script was

LOAD

TxnID,

Associate,

Store#

Item#,

TxnDate

FROM BaseData.qvd

JOIN

LOAD

TxnID,

TxnDate,

Year(TxnDate)

FROM BaseData.qvd

Group by TxnID, TxnDate

I had to create some test data, and I inserted that between the LOAD statements above.

Join

LOAD

TxnID,

ItemItemNumber,

FROM TestData.xls

Once I rearranged them, everything was good. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Community Browser