Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
senarath
Creator III
Creator III

change of Qliksense default app path...advisable ?

Hi,

I saw community threads which are discussing about changing the default App path to some other directory. In fact I also wanted the same thing due to fact that it's not advisable to maintain apps and other data in the primary drive and it tends to increase the data volume of primary drive.

However, we can change default path of App folder only.

My question is that whether it is advisable to change the default app folder to another location ?

and what about other resource files such as images and extensions ?

thank you

Senarath

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Senarath,

I would advice you not to change the default folder locations. The reason being the QMC makes use of the files in these directory to display information. If you have already installed it, I would advice you not to change it.

Also the Governance apps query the log files. So all of these have to be addressed if you would like to change the directory which is not advisable.

Thanks,

Sangram Reddy.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Senarath,

I would advice you not to change the default folder locations. The reason being the QMC makes use of the files in these directory to display information. If you have already installed it, I would advice you not to change it.

Also the Governance apps query the log files. So all of these have to be addressed if you would like to change the directory which is not advisable.

Thanks,

Sangram Reddy.

senarath
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sangram,

Noted. Since app path change option is there in the QMC itself, is it ok if we just change APP path to another location at least.

Rgds,

Senarath

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

HI Senarath,

Just make sure you have addressed all dependencies if you migrate it.

Thanks,

Sangram.