Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joeybird
Creator III
Creator III

chart columns

Hiya

I have two main columns of use in a table of Orders

CustomerID, and OrderID

I am using CustomerID as a dimension, for how long each customer order takes, but I have to use OrderID, as a dimension, because each bar will group each CustomerID totals.

I want to show CustomerID lables not OrderID lables on my dimension

I know this will show two or more instances on the dimension  axis of CustomerID, but this is what I require

please help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I've had a look at the options in piviots and straight tables.  You cannot set the label dynamically so setting the label to CustomerId on the ordered dimension is out.

Aggregating the measure also doesn't cause the dimension to split out along the lines you need either.

There is no way to hide dimension although you can order the least import ones at the end of your table.

One way you might want is to use a master items drill down so it starts at Customer then clicking on it gives you the detail at order level but again doesn't satisfy your exact brief.

As you allude to its not an obvious request to have to satisfy.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I've had a look at the options in piviots and straight tables.  You cannot set the label dynamically so setting the label to CustomerId on the ordered dimension is out.

Aggregating the measure also doesn't cause the dimension to split out along the lines you need either.

There is no way to hide dimension although you can order the least import ones at the end of your table.

One way you might want is to use a master items drill down so it starts at Customer then clicking on it gives you the detail at order level but again doesn't satisfy your exact brief.

As you allude to its not an obvious request to have to satisfy.

joeybird
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hiya

thank you for your help, it has helped

Kind Regards