cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
124psu
Creator II
Creator II

create an input form upon clicking the help icon

I've created a separate app just for my landing page. Within this page/sheet, I'd like to have a button, upon clicking, that will pop out a small input form for users wanting to get in touch with the support team that developed the app. I've been pretty unsuccessful on how to implement this or if this is even possible. Any ideas to help get the ball rolling for this problem?

Thanks.

2 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

What have you tried so far?

I would use a button for navigation extension and use a navigation to a url where you host the contact form

124psu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I instead decided to go with a different method. I created a widget to add in some HTML and CSS for an href link. I was hoping once a user clicks this href link, an outlook e-mail will automatically generate as you see in most modern webpages today. 

<a href="mailto:' &amp; 'myemail@email.com' &amp; '&amp; subject = support Qlik"> email support team </a>

This html code is actually in reference of another Qlik thread I saw. I've also tried a few similar syntax from stackoverflow. Once I click my link, nothing executes or happens. Any idea where I'm going wrong?