Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaustubh
Creator
Creator

finding if Each Value from column A exists in column B. Returns duplicate records.

Dear All,

Problem 1) I wish to find if NPI numbers of physicians of XYZ organisation exist in their database. There is a table which contains list of all the physicians that work in XYZ. If my referring provider belongs to XYZ then I must put value "XYZ physician" in column C else I must put "Outsider". I have written below code in front end (Set Analysis).

=if([Ordering Provider NPI] = [XYZ Provider NPI], 'XYZ Physician','Unkown').

My SS shows table that is displaying in my qlik sense sheet. Here you see that I get same physician repeated twice as "XYZ Physician" as well as "Unknown". The columns are as below:

Name of Physician             Cred.                 Ordering Code             XYZ Physician/Outsider

Can someone help me know why this duplicate record is generated for almost all the physicians? What is it that i am doing wrong? Kindly Guide ! Thank you !

2 Replies
Marcos_rv
Creator II
Creator II

try making a table with the medical fields, the keys that you added in the image and the field [Ordering Provider NPI], I'm almost sure that you should have a null here,
in your main table you should have records 1 to 1, probably an error in the join.

If you can pass us an example or part of the app with reduced data, we would be better.
Regards!!!

kaustubh
Creator
Creator
Author

Dear Marcos,

There is no Join between two tables of "XYZ_Providers" and "Ordering provider". It is just that provider's NPI from Ordering Provider Tables is lookup into list of XYZ_Providers Table having single column NPI as they are unique.

1.)SS1 of data model. I have checked my SQL Database. Both the tables have single record for particular NPI numbers indicating Uniqueness. yes there are some nulls in NPI column but as I am not joining tables would they still be a problem? because such nulls should anyways be treated as 'unknown'.