Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manoj2102
Contributor III
Contributor III

forecasting in qliksense

Hello,

I have a line chart with as dimension Year Month (ex . 201802) and in my expressions Count(Servers) as volume

Now for the volume I would like to make a Forecast (up to 6 months)

Can anyone help me with same.

11 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

manoj2102
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Petter,

Thanks for response but this is giving me trendline only for monthyear for which Actuals(Count(Servers)) are present

I want that trend should show me values for next 6 month to forecast about future requirments of servers in next 6  months ie( from June 2018 to Dec 2018)

I want something similar to this

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can use the LINEST function(s) in Qlik Sense to calculate a forecast. The LINEST is a linear regression function and I belive that it could be suitable for your case.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If this answered your question please mark the appropriate answer as correct. If not please feel free to ask further questions to clarify...

bhadraka1234
Contributor II
Contributor II

Can you please guide on how to use this  extension, It says error occured when retrieving data from R

cookiejest
Partner - Contributor III

Hey we created a predictive line chart extension for qlik sense just for this use case. It can do things like linear, ARIMA and others. Dynamically of the data 🙂 Check it out.

predictive line chart for qlik sense

https://blog.webofwork.com/predictive-line-chart-for-qlik-sense/

GraceGao
Creator
Creator

Hi Cookiejest

i have used below predictive line chart, everything is ok, However, i have published to the stream, and access denied when opening the sheet with predictive line chart. do you know how to fix it? Thanks.

cookiejest

Hey!

This is unlikely to do with the extension itself but rules engine security
on the extension?