Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matias_thompson
Contributor
Contributor

grant read permission to a user over a specific data connection depending on the stream in which the application is published

I need to grant read permission to a user over a specific data connection depending on the stream in which the application is published, to explain this I will exposed the following use cases:

1. The User_UAT must be able to use the connection Conection_UAT only while editing a published App App_UAT in the UAT stream. The user User_UAT should not be able to use the connection Conection_UAT while editing any published App in a stream other than UAT.
  2. The User_PROD must be able to use the connection Conection_PROD only while editing a published App App_PROD in the PROD stream. The user User_PROD should not be able to use the connection Conection_PROD while editing any published App in a stream other than PROD.
  3. The User_BOTH must be able to use the connection Conection_UAT only while editing a published App App_UAT in the UAT  stream and the same way must be able to use the connection Conection_PROD only while editing a published App App_PROD in the PROD  stream.  The user User_BOTH should not be able to use the connection Connection_UAT while editing any published App in a stream other than UAT and vice versa.

I have this configuration on my QMC:

Custom Groups (Group)

1. Group - value #1: UAT
  2. Group - value #2: PROD

Streams (UAT, PROD)

1. UAT - CustomGroup(Group) value: UAT
  2. PROD - CustomGroup(Group) value: PROD

Data Connections (Connection_UAT, Connection_PROD)

1. Connection_UAT - CustomGroup(Group) value: UAT
  2. Connection_PROD - CustomGroup(Group) value: PROD

Apps (App_UAT, App_PROD)

1. App_UAT - CustomGroup(Group) value: UAT
  2. App_PROD - CustomGroup(Group) value: PROD}

Users (User_UAT, User_PROD, User_BOTH)

1. User_UAT - CustomGroup(Group) value: UAT
  2. User_PROD - CustomGroup(Group) value: PROD
  3. User_BOTH - CustomGroup(Group) value: UAT, PROD

Is posible to create this permission schema? thanks

Mensaje editado por: Matias Thompson more details

0 Replies