Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdgeddam9
Contributor
Contributor

how to un hide/expose hidden selections in qliksense

Hi i have app in qliksense, which has got some selections applied and are hidden. Can any one help how to know those selections?

6 Replies
PabloTrevisan
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hello, this is because qlik is responsive and the object is larger than the size available to display it. In the April version it is possible to reduce the grid according to the image below, maybe this will solve. Note that you can only change the size of the grid with the empty folder, without objects.

sheet.jpg

It help's ?

bdgeddam9
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for reply. But my question is how to unhide or know what all selections are applied? Where do i find those settings?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

As per i know, Your Data model field store as HidePrefix. If so, For sure the selections won't show.

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
bdgeddam9
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Then how the selections are made if is a hidden field?

nicil_paul
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Prudhvi,

We are using a hide prefix in the main,

Syntax : HidePrefix

eg: HidePrefix='%';

If this statement is used, the field names beginning with a percentage will not be shown in the field name lists when the system fields are hidden.

For eg:

Load * inline [

%CarType, %CarTypeNo

Hatchback,1

Sedan,2

SUV,3

];

I have created this variable for the default selection of the dashboard when it is loaded. Now I only need to see Sedan when the dashboard loads.

So in the list box I will use the dimension as =[%CarType] and Default selected value as Sedan

then when the dashboard loads, default selection will be in Sedan and you can only see the Hidden selections applied in the top selection tab.

Hope this makes it clear.

Thanks,

Nicil O Paul

balabhaskarqlik

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/SystemVariables/HidePref...

SET HidePrefix = '%';

CustomerID AS %CustomerID

Then create expression like this:

Count(%CustomerID) - To show the data

Check this for System fields.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/system-fields.htm