Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

joeybird
Contributor II

if , then sum , with formatting

Hiya

1. I need to dynamically change my formatting depending on the calculation

2. only when a certain department number is chosen, it completes a calculation

I have the following expression

if (Department = 1,

(num( sum([VALUE])/sum([OUTOF]), $(= chr(39) & $(=$(vFormat)) & chr(39)),     //Percentage calculation

if (Department = 2,  (sum([FINALVALUE]), $(= chr(39) & $(=$(vFormat)) & chr(39)   //straight number

)

)

I cannot get it to work

please help

3 Replies
MVP
MVP

Re: if , then sum , with formatting

Your statement is syntactically incorrect (unbalanced parentheses and too many options for the if statement), and an unknown variable (vFormat) so it is hard to help you base on what you have posted.

Please provide a detailed explanation of what you are trying to achieve, provide the definitions of all variables involved and (best of all) a sample qvw file with representative data.

joeybird
Contributor II

Hiya

the vFormat is declared in my data load

set vFormat='if(Only(Format)=' & chr(39) & 'Integer' & chr(39) &',' &chr(39)& '0' & chr(39) & ',' & chr(39) & '#.##%' & chr(39) & ')';

without the formatting - main aim is for the calculation to work

I have tried just to have this, but this does not work too

if (Department = 1,

sum([VALUE])/sum([OUTOF]),

if (Department= 2,  sum([FINALVALUE])

)

please help

Employee
Employee

Joanna , here is a sample. You can use num() to do the conditional formatting of the measure and have it change on a table row by row basis in the table object, just leave the number formatting on the right to 'auto' . Does this help ?  see if you can get a hand written sample working as below, then we can work on the variable syntax.

Untitled.png

Capture.PNG