cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
124psu
Creator II
Creator II

implementing section access but not behaving as expected

I have 2 tables that I am associating based on a key that I have created in the script editor. The problem is, both tables have the same dimension that I will be using pretty much all over my app as a filter pane option.

The issue here is that I've created 2 tables for section access to limit what users can see. Each section access table is joined to their respective tables coming from the database.

The 2 section access tables are:

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESSIDoldDEPT, DEPARTMENT

1, FINANCE

2, MARKETING

3, HR

4, IT

5, OTHER

];

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESSIDnewDEPT, newDEPARTMENT

1, FINANCE

2, MARKETING

3, HR

4, IT

];

Because these tables are not necessarily joined correctly, we created a unique key to join them which caused to create synthetic keys for department and newDepartment. Both these fields have the same values. But after configuring my section access and testing on myself - I made it so I should only see values and data for the FINANCE department (ACCESSID = 1). It works perfectly fine on the newDepartment and only see FINANCE. However on the oldDepartment (1st section access table) it actually shows me all the values when in reality should only be FINANCE. This was tested by simply bringing in a filter pane and throwing in that dimension to see if it should return only 1 value. The issue I think is creating this is because that dimension is actually coming from a master dimension and has an if/else statement inside (to group all other departments into OTHER category).

TL:DR - I have 2 columns/fields that have same value (DEPARTMENT field). After implementing SECTION ACCESS, I should only see FINANCE data for both those department fields. Instead, I see all departments for one filter pane and suspecting it is because it is a master dimension.

Labels (2)
0 Replies