Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juliacowbe
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

issue selecting bar chart remove previous selection in filter panel

Hi All,

I'm having a behavior problem with a bar chart, when I select a bar in chart, it cleans previous selections in filter panels.

First I select Geo Unit = "Country 1" from the Geo Unit filter panel and then when I choose any bar in FTPR by DTE chart, previous selection is cleaned from filter panel and all the Geo Unit are selected.

There are a relation between Geo Unit and DTE because sometimes I want to show dimention as DTE or GU in the same chart. Then, If "Information by" = DTE it will show DTE dimentions otherwise GU (=If($(vBy)=0,DTE, [Geo Unit]))

If I  select a combination of DTE and GU from filter panels then behavior is I as expect. Neither DTE not GU removes previous selections in DTE and GU filters.

Could somebody please help me to understand what has happened here?

Filters.png

Thanks

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
juliacowbe
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I found the solution in this post https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/How-to-Create-Dynamic-Dimension-in-Qliksense/td-p/10...

A technique that I use to allow my users to select their own dimension is using dollar expansion with field value / field index.

So you would need to do the following:

1) In script load an 'island dimension', something like an inline load with the 4 dimensions you want as strings

2) Bring in this field as a list box. The user will now have the option to select from one of the dimensions you made available

3) In your chart dimension use something like this $(=FieldValue('Dimension',FieldIndex('State',only(Dimension))))

4) The above dimension will not calculate when none or more than 1 dimension is selected

5) Customize expression based on this dimension

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

First question i have is how is your chart built?

Provide detailed information on dimesnions used in chart and expressions/measures used... It is clearly due to one of those and i assume it is your dimension causing issue

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
juliacowbe
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi, I found the issue and fixed it but now the problem is that I need to show a dynamic name for the selection.

Is possible to change dimension name dynamically? at the moment I'm using 'DTE/GU'  but I would like to show DTE or GU depending in a condition.

Master Dimension.png

juliacowbe
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I found the solution in this post https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/How-to-Create-Dynamic-Dimension-in-Qliksense/td-p/10...

A technique that I use to allow my users to select their own dimension is using dollar expansion with field value / field index.

So you would need to do the following:

1) In script load an 'island dimension', something like an inline load with the 4 dimensions you want as strings

2) Bring in this field as a list box. The user will now have the option to select from one of the dimensions you made available

3) In your chart dimension use something like this $(=FieldValue('Dimension',FieldIndex('State',only(Dimension))))

4) The above dimension will not calculate when none or more than 1 dimension is selected

5) Customize expression based on this dimension