Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Coming your way, the Qlik Data Revolution Virtual Summit. October 27-29. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

making a calendar from a datetime

Hello, 

I have some problems with a date time value that i am loading in qlik sense. For some reason qlik sense doesn`t recognize it anymore as a date time value. i have loaded the exact same data previously in my other dashboard and qlik sense recognized it as a date time and made a automated calendar of it. 

if you want to try it yourself, this is the data that i am using https://syntheticmass.mitre.org/fhir/Observation?_count=100

i am loading this through the REST connector, with the authentication settings on anonymous. 

These are pictures of the data that are recognized as date time:

it shows a differnt kind of table  property  'tijdelijk /temporary'it shows a differnt kind of table property 'tijdelijk /temporary'what i wantwhat i want

these are the pictures of the dashboard that isn`t working anymore: 

3e probleem werkt niet.PNGdifferent kind of property (measurement)different kind of property (measurement)

Is there something in the settings of qlik sense that i need to change?

Regards, Gino 

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I found a solution for my problem. It was easier than i thought. I don`t think that this is the best solution, because i want it to be automated by Qlik sense. But what i have now works for me. 

i just typed this: =year(effectiveDateTime) in the Fx dimension. This only gives back the years of the timestamp. it`s al little more work if you want to have a drill down on month, day etc. but it works. I found this solution with help of this site: 

https://help.qlik.com/nl-NL/sense/June2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/DateAndTimeFunctions/dat...

Hopefully this helps other people with the same problem. 

As i said this isn`t the best solution, but if someone has some more suggestions, feel free to comment.

Regards, Gino