Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QSSR
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

multi-value picklist

Hello,

I want to create a multi-value picklist filter with each value has its own unique logic.

in the main table that filter will apply, I create attributes for filter1, filter2, filter3 using IF statement,

and then, I create a filter table using inline:

Load *inline [

Pickname, filter1, filter2, filter3

Pickname1, 'true', ,

Pickname2, ,'true',

Pickname3, ,,'true'

];

for the inline table, I intent for qliksense to ignore attribute that does not have value specified.  For example, for Pickname3 row, I want it to ignore filter1, and filter2 values regardless of 'true' or 'false', as long as filter3 has a value of 'true'.  Somehow the syntax does not seem work.   Also, please provide a better approach if there is one.

Thanks,

Gia

Labels (1)
4 Replies
treysmithdev
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Can you provide an example of how you are later using the Pick list?

Blog: WhereClause   Twitter: @treysmithdev
QSSR
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Pickname1 is "Next 30 Days", Pickname2 is "No End Date", for example.  so the filter (depending on which user selects) will apply to a list table, and only those records that fulfill the criterion will show in the list table.

QSSR
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

I actually find a work-around to allow qliksense to ignore certain filters by listing all possible values out in the inline table.  The multi-value filter actually works now. 

However, I doubt this is a smart solution as it is built on the assumption that only same values under the same column names could be used as filters, therefore multiple synthetic keys are generated during data load.  Please provide an alternative approach.  

Thanks,

QSSR
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

I am trying to use buttons for navigation under visualization bundle to work around this.  For example, one button for one value.  It seems that I can only specify specific values, rather than define queries in the value field. Have I missed anything?