Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

permission type to export to excel from pivot table in qlik sense

I do have developer license for QlikSense and I can export to excel pivot table but users are having user license (view only dashboard). They are not able to export pivot table to excel.

I would like to know that what type of permission / access, do I need to provide so users can export to excel qliksense dashboard.

3 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

In Qlik Sense there is nothing like Developer License & Viewer License. Everything is driven by roles and the security rules.

There is a default rule for export. You will find it in QMC-> Security Rules -> ExportAppData rule.

You can modify or create a similar rule to give proper access rights for export.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok. Can we apply multiple rule? So everyone has the read access on the dashboard Plus export to excel permission.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Yes, all the users have same role (User Access) except the Admins like below.

Root Admin, Content Admin, Security Admin etc has access to both QMC and HUB but some are limited. Root Admin has full access....

When you create a new stream, you'd get a pop up security message about adding users to the stream.

In that check Export, Export Data and Read box for the users. This would enable users to export it to XL.