Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stefanvb
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

"Can Execute External Programs" in Qlik Sense

Hi all,

I was wondering about the following.

Previously I have built several QlikView applications which make use of Windows command functions (e.g. "EXECUTE cmd.exe /c del $(File)"). In order to let this work smoothly, I enabled the setting "Can Execute External Programs" in the Script Editor sub-menu.

I would to transfer the script to a Qlik Sense application. Transferring the script is not a big deal but where can I find this option in Qlik Sense?

I understand for Qlik Sense you will need to modify the Settings.ini  file located in the folder

(add

[Settings 7]

OverrideScriptSecurity=1

)

However, I see this is not working as I still get the following error:

EXECUTE statement not available in this script mode.

Someone any idea whats going on? Please note the entire script is working fine in QV.

Regards,

Stefan

10 Replies
Eugeny_Ilyin
Creator II
Creator II

stefanvb
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the response but not sure what you are referring to.

I followed the instructions as mentioned in the link disabling standard mode in Qlik Sense but still having the same error.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Open C:\Users\{user}\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Settings.ini in a text editor and write two lines.

[Settings 7]

OverrideScriptSecurity=1

StandardReload=0

Not applicable

I apply the change in ini file, and work for me. I use R and work fine:

EXECUTE "C:\Datos\LocalDocuments\R\R-3.3.1\bin\x64\R.exe" CMD BATCH "C:\Qlikview_mas_R_2\rpart_script_sinRattle.r"; //rpart_script.r";

stefanvb
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi all,

Thanks for providing input. Unfortunately both suggestions are not working.

I was thinking this might be related to the fact I am using Qlik Sense Server instead of Qlik Sense Desktop edition.

For now I resolved the issue by scheduling a BAT-script in Windows Task Scheduler which basically does the same.

Regards,

Stefan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Stefan,

I am using Qlik Sense Server as you and updated the setting file. It shows no error when reload data in Qliksense but the QVD hasn't been deleted in fact.

You mentioned the BAT- script for your solution.

Do you mean batch script which using the command?

Regards\Helen

stefanvb
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Helen,

That's correct. Idea was the Qlik application to execute the Windows Commands, however I still haven't found a way to do this in Sense. As a workaround I created a .BAT script and scheduled this using Task Scheduler in order to remove the files on a regular basis.

Commands in the script could look like :

@echo off

XCOPY /Y \\['File server']\Qlik\['Source System']\*.txt "D:\0. Data\1.  ['Source system files']"

Regards,

Stefan

adrianpautasso
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Stefan,

I'm having the same issue. Did you manage some solution for the execution in qlik sense server?

Regards,

Adrián

SimonAichmayr
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi Guys!

My aim is to execute an external program in qlik sense enterprise which load a custom script into the engine. I setted the legacy mode in the qmc and did in the setting.ini the tasks to use the execute statement. When I run my program in the terminal it works but when I run it in the qlik sense hub-script it doesn´t work. No error occured while I run my program in qlik sense. I dont understand why this is not working. I hope you can help me. Thanks in advance!1.PNG2.PNG