Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

stefanvb
New Contributor II

"Can Execute External Programs" in Qlik Sense

Hi all,

I was wondering about the following.

Previously I have built several QlikView applications which make use of Windows command functions (e.g. "EXECUTE cmd.exe /c del $(File)"). In order to let this work smoothly, I enabled the setting "Can Execute External Programs" in the Script Editor sub-menu.

I would to transfer the script to a Qlik Sense application. Transferring the script is not a big deal but where can I find this option in Qlik Sense?

I understand for Qlik Sense you will need to modify the Settings.ini  file located in the folder

(add

[Settings 7]

OverrideScriptSecurity=1

)

However, I see this is not working as I still get the following error:

EXECUTE statement not available in this script mode.

Someone any idea whats going on? Please note the entire script is working fine in QV.

Regards,

Stefan

7 Replies
eugenyilyin
Contributor II

Re: "Can Execute External Programs" in Qlik Sense

stefanvb
New Contributor II

Thanks for the response but not sure what you are referring to.

I followed the instructions as mentioned in the link disabling standard mode in Qlik Sense but still having the same error.

stanislav_strog
New Contributor III

Open C:\Users\{user}\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Settings.ini in a text editor and write two lines.

[Settings 7]

OverrideScriptSecurity=1

StandardReload=0

Not applicable

I apply the change in ini file, and work for me. I use R and work fine:

EXECUTE "C:\Datos\LocalDocuments\R\R-3.3.1\bin\x64\R.exe" CMD BATCH "C:\Qlikview_mas_R_2\rpart_script_sinRattle.r"; //rpart_script.r";

stefanvb
New Contributor II

Hi all,

Thanks for providing input. Unfortunately both suggestions are not working.

I was thinking this might be related to the fact I am using Qlik Sense Server instead of Qlik Sense Desktop edition.

For now I resolved the issue by scheduling a BAT-script in Windows Task Scheduler which basically does the same.

Regards,

Stefan

helentang_
New Contributor

Hi Stefan,

I am using Qlik Sense Server as you and updated the setting file. It shows no error when reload data in Qliksense but the QVD hasn't been deleted in fact.

You mentioned the BAT- script for your solution.

Do you mean batch script which using the command?

Regards\Helen

stefanvb
New Contributor II

Hi Helen,

That's correct. Idea was the Qlik application to execute the Windows Commands, however I still haven't found a way to do this in Sense. As a workaround I created a .BAT script and scheduled this using Task Scheduler in order to remove the files on a regular basis.

Commands in the script could look like :

@echo off

XCOPY /Y \\['File server']\Qlik\['Source System']\*.txt "D:\0. Data\1.  ['Source system files']"

Regards,

Stefan

Community Browser