Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauluk__
Contributor III
Contributor III

"Execution Failed" on a reload task through QMC. No reason given. Task reloads in data load editor.

Hi,

I am getting an error, 'Execution Failed', right at the end of my script when it is reloaded through the QlikSense QMC after publication. No reason is given in the log file.

When I load the same app through the data load editor, there are no problems or warnings.

I've tried commenting out code before the end and the error again appears at the end of the load, so it is not related to the preceding section of script.

I am not loading from a QVD or using any store commands that could cause conflict.

Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pauluk__
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Rachel,

Yes I did solve it, in my case it was because I had row-level restrictions on the data (reduction). When you reload through the QMC, the agent account has to be added to the user table in section access and given permission.

I don’t know if this is the case for you, are you using reduction or anything similar?

View solution in original post

9 Replies
pauluk__
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Just to add to this, I've isolated the bit of script which is causing the problem.

When I remove the section application table, the script loads without error. When I put it back in, the same error occurs.

I don't know how the section application element would only affect a published app and stop it from reloading?

rachel_delany
Creator II
Creator II

Did you find a solution to this?

I'm having the same issue after updating to Qlik Sense February 2019.

pauluk__
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Rachel,

Yes I did solve it, in my case it was because I had row-level restrictions on the data (reduction). When you reload through the QMC, the agent account has to be added to the user table in section access and given permission.

I don’t know if this is the case for you, are you using reduction or anything similar?
arieidel
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi! I'm facing the exact same error. Do you mean you added "sa_scheduler" user into de Section Access security?

The same configuration has been working OK until the upgrade to February 2019. It could be a bug of this version?

Thanks!

rachel_delany
Creator II
Creator II

Yes, add INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER as an admin in your section acccess.

I also added the user that actually runs the Qlik Sense service as well, just to be safe.

davemove
Former Employee
Former Employee

solution
DGO
Contributor III
Contributor III

I had the same problem. This was the solution. Thank you!

silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Rachel, I need to select RootAdmin for sa_scheduler?  

Thanks in advance!

CS

karla_gonzalez
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Thanks with this