Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

wardzynski
New Contributor III

"Object not found" - QS mashup - hard to find issue

Dear Experts,

I am working on several Qlik Sense Applications that receive the "object not found" error after upgrading the QS Prod server to version:

June 2017 Patch 2 11.11.3.

I have tried using the Mozilla Debugger Console, but I do not find the exact place that would indicate which objects do cause this error. The only way I found to solve the problem is by commenting out each appobject one by one, which is a very time consuming and not a way I would like to do this.

Example on a "primitive" solution:

//app.getObject('QV020','JWtgWqf');

This is the error message that appears in the lower right corner:

7 Replies
sureshqv
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: "Object not found" - QS mashup - hard to find issue

try to check the object id might have changed ?

can you check the object id for the same?

satishkurra
Valued Contributor II

Re: "Object not found" - QS mashup - hard to find issue

Hi

This happened to me today after i upgraded to QS Nov 2017 release.

I came to know that this is happening for List Boxes.

I will investiagte and let you know if any.

Also to get back to normal i reverted back from Nov 2017 release and it works fine. I'm using 3.2 SR4

Thanks

Satish

wardzynski
New Contributor III

Re: "Object not found" - QS mashup - hard to find issue

Satish,

Yes, I use a lot of list-boxes, so it could be that. I just dont have enough time to uncomment each one to find the "faulty" ones even if they are faulty. I am thinking more that perhaps it is just a bug.

Is version 3.2 SR4 a QS Enterprise Server version?

Mine is 11.11.3 - Patch 2 from June 2017

Daniel

satishkurra
Valued Contributor II

Re: "Object not found" - QS mashup - hard to find issue

Yes. It is server enterprise.

You are right.

This could be bug. Not sure if someone raised this as an issue to resolve in next patch.

Even I'm struck at this point and waiting for the issue to resolve.

Thanks

Satish

satishkurra
Valued Contributor II

Re: "Object not found" - QS mashup - hard to find issue

Hi

I'm able to figure why is this happening on latest version (Nov 2017 version).

Why? When we define app.getObject with a specific id and if it does not find the ID in that APP, it is throwing object not found. Also it is happening for all Objects (Not only for list box).

Workaround: Make sure we define APP ID's right and define it in HTML as well

OR

Comment the lines of code in HTML to avoid this error.

Worked for me

wardzynski
New Contributor III

Re: "Object not found" - QS mashup - hard to find issue

Satish,

Normally, this is what happens if your objectID reference is missing.
What I am referring to is that I suddenly get this error for objects that worked just fine before the June 2017 Patch 2 11.11.3 update. Commenting out each object would be a very timely approach, which I already tried. Its working but just a bit ridiculous. There should be a better debugger indicating exactly which objects are not found.

satishkurra
Valued Contributor II

Re: "Object not found" - QS mashup - hard to find issue

Hi

At last I'm able to figure this out.

Currently I'm using below code in main js file (This is giving me error if some of the Objects does not exists)

require( ["js/qlik"], function ( qlik ) {

qlik.setOnError( function ( error ) {

alert( error.message );

} );

I changed above code to

require( ["js/qlik"], function ( qlik ) {

$("#closeerr").on('click',function(){

$("#errmsg").html("").parent().hide();

});

qlik.setOnError( function ( error ) {

  console.log(error.message);

$("#errmsg").append("<div>"+error.message+"</div>").parent().show();

} );

After this I'm not getting the Object not found error even with latest version of QS (Nov 2017).

Please try this at your end and let me know if you have any issues