Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

rodrigue_saade
Contributor

"What if" Analysis in Qlik Sense

Hi All,

is it possible to make the "what if" analysis in Qlik Sense?

43 Replies

Re: "What if" Analysis in Qlik Sense

Which what if analysis are you asking about?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
rodrigue_saade
Contributor

Hi,

What i mean is to know if the input field, or the slider are present in Qlik Sense, so that i can do the calculations for the "what if" analysis, forecasting etc.

luis_idrovo
Contributor

Hi Rodrigue,

Yes, someone developed an extension for create varibles, you can download here erikwett/qsVariable · GitHub

You have to unzip it in the folder of extensions  C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Extensions and this will appear like a new object in the list of objects availables

Regards,

Luis

Not applicable

Hi,

Would it be possible to reproduce the what if analysis sheet from QlikView in QlikSense?What if.PNG 

luis_idrovo
Contributor

Hi Rawad,

Absolutely yes, with the extension for create variables mentioned above here an example.

Sin título.png

Captura4.PNG

mikegrattan
Contributor II

Do you have any further information on getting this extension to work?  I've unzipped it into c:\users\administrator\documents\qlik\sense\extensions, as well as the same path for the user sense_system.  It's not showing up in the Charts tab in the editor.  Is there anything else I need to do?

Highlighted
fcecconi
Contributor II

Hi Rawad

I am using the input box extension (reddys10/SR_InputBox · GitHub) .  The input box take the value and stores it into a variable.  I think make my calculation using the variable.  The user enters a new value for an exchange rate and then the I take that value to convert to USD.

Picture1.png

mikegrattan
Contributor II

I got the extension to install; had to use the QMC, go to Extensions -> Import and import the zip file that's contained in the master zip file.

Now, how do I set it up?  It's kind of confusing, as their are "fx" formula buttons in the Title, Subtitle, etc., but I don't see a way to create set up formulas in the Variable section.  I figured out the "Alternative" is where you create your values and labels for those values; but, once again, the "fx" button for formulas is located in the Title section. 

A step-by-step for this would be very helpful.

mikegrattan
Contributor II

It took just a little bit of trial and error, but I figured out how to use the Variable extension.

1. Add a Variable object to your sheet.
  2. Go to the Add Alternative section and add the values you wish to use for your what-if scenarios.  In my case, I added 0, .05, .10, and .15 so I can do what-ifs with 5%, 10%, and 15% (and a zero to have no what-if).
  3. Name your Variable object something recognizable in the "Name" field of the "Variable" section.
  4. Create a new Measure in your Master Items; use the name of your new variable in the formula.  In my case, I wanted to use my what if to increase an hourly rate by a given percentage.  My Variable is called GPIRatePct.  My hourly rate is called AvgHrRate.  The formula for my new measure is:  (Avg(AvgHrRate) * GPIRatePct) + Avg(AvgHrRate).  I called my new Measure "What If GPI Rate".
  5. Now you can use the new measure in a chart and it will be affected by changing the value of your Variable object.