Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rodrigue_saade
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

"What if" Analysis in Qlik Sense

Hi All,

is it possible to make the "what if" analysis in Qlik Sense?

45 Replies
fcecconi
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Mike

Once you have added the object to sheet, go to the properties

Under the Add-ons

Update Variable Name

-enter your variable name

default(when empty)

-enter an object name or variable name to use when the field is empty

I then created  a master item measure that used the value from my variable in the calculation.

Note: The fx button is just for titles and not a calculation.

This is how I created my What-If examples

mikegrattan
Creator III
Creator III

Thanks Frank.  I did figure it out and posted step-by-step below for others to use.  I appreciate your response.

Not applicable

I have the same problem and it seems that everyone that has qlik sense 2.1.1 has this problem. Visit the qlik branch web site (just search the extension there and read the comments below). They'll tell you how to get it to work. I tried to paste the lonk here, but it doesn't want to show the whole link.

Sincerely,

Betty Habtemariam

Not applicable

I got it working in my qlik sense now. After I put the extension in the extension file and closed the qlik sense desktop, the extension was there once I opened it again. It didn't work when I did it yesterday, but somehow it is now.

Sincerely,

Betty Habtemariam

Not applicable

Dear all,

I recently got the what-if analysis sheet working fine in QlikSense.

Here is how :

• Used the range slider extension to create 3 sliders (What-if price, What-if Cost, What-if Volume)
  • Used the simple KPI extension to create some comparative KPI's
  • Added some filers to the top of the page
  • Created a straight table with the need calculations based on the variables used in the sliders

What-if Snap.PNG

If you need any further clarifications, do not hesitate to contact me 

Sincerely,

Rawad

Not applicable

Hello Rawad! How are you? Could you clarify me how to create the What if variables? Are they in master items? I`ve downloaded qsVariable from qlik branch. It would be very helpfull if you send me an example.

Thank you!

Not applicable

Hi Ignacio,

Personally I don't recommend using the QsVariable extension. If you are looking to use a slider, the lowest value would be 0 (No negative values can be used).

Instead you can use the Range Slider extension (Can also be downloaded from QlikBranch). From the Range Slider object you can then define a variable where the slider values will be stored. Hence we don't need to use master items.

Hope this was helpful,

Sincerely,

Rawad

brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi

See app attached and how it works : a simple what if analysis. I picked up it here and saved it to reproduced. This is not my production

See if it helps

bruno

Not applicable

Hi Rawad,Thank you for your suggestion. The range slider extension works very well,but is not user friendly because you can´t put the interval or scale.Do you know another one that I could use?

Not applicable

Hello Bruno! Thank you very much for the app.It clarify me a lot how it works.