Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
QlikWorld, June 24-25, 2020. Free virtual event for Data Integration and Data Analytics gurus. Register Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor II
Contributor II

"p" in set analysis

Hello Everyone,

I am attempting to count distinct session_id's that have done event 33 after already doing event 36. This is in a table visualization with segment _id as the dimension. The weird thing is it works when I query an individual segment_id, but is wrong when looking at all the segments at once. I wonder if I am missing an argument? Here is what I have:

count({<session_id = p({<event_type={36}>}) * p({<event_type={33}>}) >} distinct session_id)

Table:

segment_id                 event_type36                     formula above                          

1                                           100                                                    80 

2                                           250                                                   200

** the weird part is that the above is wrong. When I query segment_id = 1, I get:

segment_id                 event_type36                     formula above                          

1                                           100                                                    70

*This is correct when I query by individual segment.

any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

2 Replies
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Re: "p" in set analysis

hi 

i created a formula similar to yours on a data set i have and it seems to work 

how does the fields event type and session_id and segment_id are connected 

are they all in the same table , or in different tables 

Highlighted
Contributor II
Contributor II

Re: "p" in set analysis

They are all in the same table. However, they are also spread across other tables as well and this particular app is large (100+ tables). I am going to create a new app with just the main table, and see if it works then.

Thanks,

Ben