Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
124psu
Creator II
Creator II

section access - cannot get past this error

Posted this in a different forum but no luck there. Hoping this is another place to ask my question regarding section access.

I was able to get my section access to be working perfectly fine through all the great help received from this forum. Now, we decided to store our users in a separate table in our database and decided to pull the data from the db vs. doing an inline in the script. 

--------------- my script -------------

SECTION ACCESS;

LIB CONNECT TO ***

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USER_ID, ACCESS_ID
ADMIN, domain\andrew, 
USER, domain\dummyuser, 1
ADMIN, INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER,*,
];

SECTION APPLICATION;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS_ID, DEPARTMENT

1, MARKETING

2, FINANCE

3, ACCOUNTING

4, IT

5, Other

];

---------- end --------------

Pretty much I am making the user "dummy" to only see the value 1 which is Marketing data only. This works fine. Once I brought in the same table but through the database (which stores the exact same data, except I had to create an additional column since an * is considered a varchar).

This shouldn't change anything but please correct me if I am wrong. But upon running the script this is the constant error I get and cannot get past this error. I tried reverting the script to go against the inline and am still getting an error for the script that was once working. I'm a bit lost and reaching out for some additional help or anything you guys may see that I am missing.

error - 

Access was denied after reload. Check that the user that reloads the script is included in the section access part of the script.

Thanks a bunch.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
treysmithdev
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

I believe the error is because the data is not upper case. You'll need to either replace the database data with uppercase values or use a function to convert it during the load into Qlik.

It works in the Inline table because Qlik natively interprets it all as upper case.

Blog: WhereClause   Twitter: @treysmithdev

View solution in original post

2 Replies
treysmithdev
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

I believe the error is because the data is not upper case. You'll need to either replace the database data with uppercase values or use a function to convert it during the load into Qlik.

It works in the Inline table because Qlik natively interprets it all as upper case.

Blog: WhereClause   Twitter: @treysmithdev
124psu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for your help on this.. I was able to finally link and bring in the section access user table from our database by replacing all the values in UPPER. Instead, I've tried the other way of wrapping the values in the UPPER function and works very well. I guess that was the issue - uppercase all fields and values. Thanks a ton.